Tuesday 15 April 2008

Shush! Nobody mention Lay Presidency!

I know I'm not the only one who's noticed Sydney's big men have recently grown very quiet about a topic most dear to their hearts: lay presidency. It couldn't possibly be because nobody wants to risk upsetting our new and very best friends in GAFCON, could it?

Personally I think this is a mistake. After all, surely our dear wise and Bible-believing buddies will see the importance of supporting our initiative once we've taught them how to read the relevant Scriptures correctly?

Just to help, here's a simple little illustration to show our new friends what we know the Bible teaches:

Popish Priestly Presidency - Bad.



Lay Presidency - Good!



All clear now? See how simple it is?

3 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

You are so bad! (And I mean that in the BEST possible way... ;-)

You would think I would know this, having hung out with the Aussie contingent at Ship of Fools for so many years, but...what is the rationale behind the whole lay presidency thing, anyway? I find it hard to believe that the Matthians think that ordination counts for nothing...

And just how long does +Jensen really think he'll be able to hold it together with +Akinola, who does love his pomp and ceremony?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Kate Morningstar said...

I was planning to say what Doxy said. So I'll just add -- and it's an honour and privilege to know you.

Doorman-Priest said...

That has really helped me to understand. Thanks.