Saturday 10 May 2008

This week's anthem contender.

Looking over the last few things here has left me worried that I've been coming across rather gloomy, which is really not what I'm like. Absurdly busy: yes (hence the absence of any new posts this past week), chaotic: probably, and sleep-deprived; absolutely, which is perfectly normal when you're a parent. But depressed? Not any more. Pessimistic? No way.

So correcting this glaring inaccuracy is this week's anthem, from the one and only Ian Dury. God bless 'im - one of the Britain's finest. Ever.

6 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

What a blast from the past!

Fran said...

Hahahah! I so LOVE this!!! Whoo hoo.

Fabuloso!!

Recently I wrote at MP's that Ian Drury brings me back to April 1979, when I was 21 and on my first trip to Europe.

Thanks for putting this up!!

Fran said...

PS - LOVING the new look on the blog.

susan s. said...

This is great! If only I could understand all the words and references. Thanks, dear alcibiades!

PseudoPiskie said...

Some people worry about taxes. Others worry about taxis. ;>)

BooCat said...

This made me very cheerful. It gets my vote.