Wednesday 12 March 2008

BlackStar has been Tagged!


Tag is a pretty good game, not as good as tug-o-dog or thump-chest, but still pretty good. Getting tagged by Grendel makes it even better.

These are the rules of the game we’re playing: better listen closely ‘cause you could be next.

1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)
Let’s go!

My middle name is BlackStar. That’s the same as my first name: Dad says I’m so good they named me twice, just like the city his brother used to live in.

B is for Birdies, and chasing them is the Best game of all when you’re a Big, Black dog. It also stands for Broken ribs and jaw, which is what I had when I was first rescued, (that’s probably why I want to Bite Blokes in Boots), and Bowl, Bed and Babies, which are the most important things in our house (after Dad & Mum, of course). And I haven’t even Begun to mentions Bones. Bliss!

L is for Love, which changes Life. Not too mention Legs, which in my case are just the right Length and turn out when I’m resting. It’s a dachshund thing.

A is for Adventuring, which is what I do in the mornings with Dad and Missy Madam. My job is to run Alongside and Attack anything that looks Aggressive (like plastic bottles or birdies).

C is for ‘puter, which is a box thing Dad works on when he should be playing with me. It’s also for Cuddles. ‘Nuff said.

K is for the Kitchen, which is somewhere sort of like heaven. And Kites, which are really good things to chase that Dad plays with. When they’re flying I run around and bark at them, and then when they crash my job is to stop other dogs from chewing them.

S is for Silly. That’s what Mum used to call me, but then Fiver came along and she realised I’m actually quite Sensible. It’s also for Snout-rubs and Scratches, which make me feel So Special, and Splashing, Seagulls, and Slobber, which I do a lot when I’m excited.

T is for Tiny. He was my senior dog when Dad first brought me home from Doggie Rescue and I loved him almost as much as I love Dad. He was killed when we stayed at a Terrible place which didn’t care for us like they promised. Tiny and I we were separated and he was murdered because I couldn’t be near to protection him. I was Traumatised and although Mum had them closed down, she and Dad still can’t speak about Tiny without Tears. Afterwards I couldn’t eat if Dad wasn’t next to me, and if he left me for even just a little while during the day I would go all Trembly and couldn’t eat at all afterwards – not even Tasty cheese or Treats. In Two months I went from my usual Twelve kilos to 8 ½. Finally our friend Aunty Caroline who knows everything 'bout dogs suggested we ask another dog to join our pack and Doggie Rescue found us Fiver. He Tried so hard to cheer me up that eventually I recovered and Told him I’d be the senior dog now. This means he Tickles my Tummy when we snuggle up Together.

A is for Armpit. When Dad cuddles me I love sticking my snout into his Armpit. Sometimes in the night when I have bad dreams he holds me and I keep my snout there until I stop shaking. Mum says it must be awfully smelly, but I find it calmingly Aromatic. That's the kind of dog I Am.

R is for Running and Rolling, which are Really good things. Along with Rubdowns, Rabbit holes and Rodd Point, where I go swimming.

Ok, that’s 'nuff 'bout me. There’s more because Mum says that I’m just as complicated as Dad, but now it’s somebody else’s turn. So I tag Noble Wolf, BooCat, Rowan, and johnieb.

Yes, I know Grendel said I had to name one person for every letter in my name – but it’s not really a game unless you break some of the rules. Which is something else I’d have written ‘cept I’m not sure what letter it starts with.

4 comments:

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Blackstar---excellent job! Jasper likes chasing birdies too. I found a bunch of feathers in the yard the other day, and I'm wondering if he caught one...

Fran said...

Wow. That really got me Blackstar. You are a star!!

Brilliant and moving and sweetly funny, what could be better than that?

Anonymous said...

Oh you are darling... Not a BlackStar, a SuperStar! in my book.

Hearing about your little Tiny made my guardian have wet eyes and she held me real close and said that she loves me a lot. I didn't smell of her armpit though and she doesn't smell of mine either.

I love you BlackStar and I love Alcibiades too.

Your mate,

Rowan

susan s. said...

What a wonderful Doggie your are BlackStar! Even though I am not a Doggie person, I feel great love for you and for all your family who take care of you and love you lots and lots. Your Tiny doggie is waiting for you in Heaven, you know. Oh, and that thing about armpits? It is a heavenly place to snuggle!